Sunday 23 December 2012

J S Bach Flute Sonatas in Brenchley

The other day saw me at the Handel House Museum playing through the Bach Flute/Harpsichord Sonatas with the eminent baroque flautist and recorder player Lisete da Silva.

We enjoyed ourselves so much that we will be giving public performances of the same (this time with obbligato chamber organ) at All Saint's Church, Brenchley in Kent on the 19th and 26th of January, both at 5 pm with cake and fine wine in the intervals!

To my eternal shame this is music I hardly know. The B minor Sonata alone is one of the most sophisticated of Bach's creations. This is a wonderful opportunity to hear some of Bach's lesser performed masterpieces.

Lisete is an inspirational performer who takes my breath away with the passion and conviction of her performances, so I really can't recommend these concerts enough!